Updated: July 20th, 2010
Information we collect about you
We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our site.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
Information collected by third-parties
We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
How we use the information we collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our sister IAC companies or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Affiliated companies. We may share information we collect, including personal information, with Purplepass-owned or affiliated businesses. Sharing information with our affiliates enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you. All Purplepass companies comply with applicable privacy and security laws, and, at a minimum, in any commercial email they send to you, will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive such email messages in the future.
- Event providers. We sell tickets on behalf of others; we do not produce or otherwise bring you events. The venues, promoters, artists' representatives and fan clubs, teams, leagues and others who are involved in, produce or bring you events are known as event providers. When you buy tickets through our website, you consent to our providing your personal information to the event providers involved in the event and their contractors. Sharing this information with event providers allows them to contact you using the e-mail address or other contact information you provided.
- Other Situations
We also may disclose your information:
1. In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agencies; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
2. When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
3. In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information.
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and affiliated companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase or sell tickets, products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website. You will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Please note that changing information in your Purplepass account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
3rd party website integration
While using Purplepass, you may be presented with the option to link your account with social networking sites including Purplepass-owned and 3rd party websites. Should you choose to do this, information will be linked and shared so as to notify those on your social network of your activities on Purplepass which may include things such as you creating an account or purchasing ticket for an event. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our website from outside the United States
How to contact us
10981 San Diego Mission Rd., Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92108
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties and our affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.